Monday, February 16, 2009

The Mudman - Mancat Monday













Before Samson and I arrived, there was another creature living here. In fact, the only reason we are here, is because he decided to leave. I refer to him as a creature because, by all accounts, he was larger than a cat is supposed to be. Mommy called him 'Muddy' or 'The Mudman' and describes him as a 33 pound huge cat. From what I understand, he wasn't very overweight (although I've seen his pictures and he definitely could have taken off a few pounds). His vet said he was a 'freak of nature' and compared him to a 7 foot man in a cat's body. He had long legs, a big fat head and his body was long as heck. Mommy is tall for a female human (5'10") and when he wanted food, he'd stretch up and put his paws on her waist!

Mommy loved him so much and she sometimes gets sad and thinks about him. He died only a few days before I came here and she was a mess when I first saw her. One of my many jobs on this earth is to make Mommy happy and that's why I wanted to write this tribute about her beloved Muddy. She said I would've loved him a lot and we would have gotten along famously. She doesn't know the half of it! A 33 pound docile cat would have made a great friend! I can only imagine how fun it would be to ride on his back like a birdie on a hippo! I would never get hassled by anyone! I'm a tortie so I definitely demand a certain amount of respect on my own but can you imagine a tortie and a giant cat?! We'd rule the world!!!

Anyway, I never met Muddy but I can tell that Mommy loved him just as much as she loves me and Sammy. I thought this was a funny picture of him getting a shave. She uses this to threaten Samson and I if we don't let her brush us! She says she'll do this to us if we get any knots. She better be kidding....

















Muddy, you're definitely missed but don't worry too much about Mommy because Samson and I are here to make sure she's okay. Love ya big guy!!

Delilah
xoxo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's one BIG cat! And he looks really scary in that first photo. But I bet underneath he was a big ole sweetie...

jane

The Creek Cats said...

Awe! That was such a great tribute to Muddy!! Muddy was ginormous!
XOXO

Mishkat said...

I really like what you wrote about Muddy - and I know your mom must miss him a lot. We had a wonderful grey tabby named Fletcher that passed away a few years back and we still miss him. His face looked a lot like Muddy's - and he was also a big cat (but not that big!)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Delilah, you wrote a good tribute to Muddy. I am suer he was a wonderful Giant of a cat! I know you and Samson help mom through the tough days!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

What a ManCat with a marshmallow soft face. I can see why he was so loved!

Teri and the cats of Furrydance

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Muddy sounds like a wonderful cat and looks, from his facial expression in the first picture, like he is not a mancat to be messed with. The second picture made my mom laugh...it made me shudder...Eeeek! That would be very scarey. My brother Tommy is 20 lbs and is very tall, long and has a big fat head...hahaha...he's a fat head...chuckle..chuckle. Bye for now.

Unknown said...

Muddy sounds like he was a great kitteh. Man Shadow and I could stand on each others backs and still not reach the moms waist. Muddy was surely a great big kitteh wif a soft heart.

Anonymous said...

Delilah your tribute to Muddy was great - glad to hear you and Samson help mommy through her missing him.

As for the shaving, my mommy threatens to shave all my beautiful fur off too but because she says I'm too obsessive about being brushed. As if! I just can't help it, it feels so good when she does it! And frankly I don't think twenty times a day is at all obsessive.

Xoxo
Fluffy

Laura said...

The Mudman was a very handsome boy. I'd be honored to make a cat angel in his likeness. Thanks for finding The Cat in the Clover!